With only three dice remaining in Farkle, a curious decision arises: roll again for potentially more points or hold (score-it) to avoid a Farkle.

While the odds of rolling a Farkle are high-ish, around 28% (or a little less than 1 in 3.6), it’s important to consider the bigger picture.

Strategy First, Odds Second!

Evaluate your current standing:

  • Are you behind by a large margin? If so, aggressively pursue points by rolling again.
  • Do you have a comfortable lead? Consider playing it safe and keeping your accumulated points.
  • How close are you to 10,000 and how close is your opponents score?

The Art of Risk Assessment

What is your personal risk tolerance? Here are some general guidelines:

Roll again if:

  • You have a low turn score (for me it’s 300 or fewer points)
  • You have a huge lead and Farkling would not jeopardize your position
  • You’re feeling lucky and want to gamble for a higher score

Hold if:

  • Your turn score is already high (over 500 points for example)
  • You’ve already have two Farkles and don’t want to risk a third and its penalty
  • You are nearing 10,000 points but you want one more turn to increase your lead

The “Maybe” Zone:

  • Your opponent is playing aggressively and you need to keep the lead
  • You are way behind and you need to take a chance to catch up

Listen to Your Gut (Sometimes)

While the odds provide valuable information, there’s also a place for intuition.  You’re thinking, it’s not a 28% chance of Farkling but a 72% chance of scoring and you’re feeling lucky ????. Conversely, a string of bad rolls might prompt you to play it safe and let your opponent make a mistake.

By considering these factors, you can make informed decisions about rolling the dice with only three remaining, maximizing your chances of winning.

If you don’t have Farkle Dice or Solo apps, choose a link to get them, it’s FREE

Farkle Dice for iPhone / iPad

Farkle Dice for Android

Dear Valued Players,

It’s been a journey filled with excitement, and we’re thrilled to welcome you back to the world of Smart Box Games’ newsletter! We’re ready to reignite the fun and adventure in your gaming experience.

As a loyal member of our gaming community, your enthusiasm for Farkle Dice, Farkle Solo, WordPop! and our other captivating titles has always been the heartbeat of our success.

Now, with our newsletter making a return, we’re eager to share exclusive insights, tips, and tricks to challenge your gaming mind and share information about new releases, requested features, and strategies to master our games.

Let’s roll the dice, make new words, and celebrate the joy of gaming like never before!

Thanks a million for being part of our gaming journey!

Todd A. Sherman

PM, QAE, Casual Gamer

Smart Box Games

We’re thrilled to host Farkle Dice game sessions on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of every month from 6:00 to 7:00 PM Pacific Time. Mark your calendars, for April it would be 4/2 and 4/16.

Whether you’re a seasoned player or a newbie, everyone is welcome! Connect with fellow gamers, roll the virtual dice, and aim for those high scores.

Directions: Simply fire up your iPhone or iPad Farkle Dice app, tap “Play Network,” on the title screen, then tap “Quick Match” and let the fun begin. See you on Tuesday! If you see the player “Smart Box Games (Todd)” you are rolling against me.

Important: An Apple Game Center account is required, it’s free. If “Play Network” is active, you have an account. If not select this link Setup Game Center Account for directions

Android Players: Sorry, we are still working out how to add this feature on Android.

If you don’t have the Farkle Dice app, select this link to get it, it’s FREE Farkle Dice for iPhone / iPad

Thanks a million for being part of our gaming journey!

Todd A. Sherman

PM, QAE, Casual Gamer

Smart Box Games